Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Blonde brownies

Decided to make some blonde brownies for my co-workers since I was in a baking mood. They turned out better than I expected. I made two pans of brownies and took it all to work and they were gone before lunch! A lot of the girls asked me for the recipe so I thought I share it on here as well. I plan on making another batch for a very picky guy who requested no chocolate chips, so we'll see how that turns out :)


Ingredients:
1 cup of sifted all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon  baking soda
1/2 teaspoon  salt
1/3 cup butter, melted
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg, beaten
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C). Grease a 9x9-inch baking pan.
2. Measure 1 cup of sifted flour. Add baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Sift again. Mix well and set aside.
3. Stir the brown sugar into the melted butter and mix well. Cool slightly.
4. Mix the beaten egg and vanilla extract into the brown sugar mixture. Add flour mixture, a little at a time, mixing just until combined.
5.Spread the batter into the prepared pan. Sprinkle 1/2 to 1 cup of chocolate chips on top. Bake in preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 20 to 25 minutes.

Enjoy, xo.

1 comment:

This is my first stab at blogging so I would LOVE to hear any comments you may have! Even if you don’t have a Blogger account, you are still invited to leave any comments/suggestions etc.

Thanks again for stopping by Blog Pray Love! xo